Installation of java applets
- Download the *.zip file to your hard drive.
- Extract the files to the same folder on your computer. There are several free utilities to help you do this. One can be found here.
- Click on the appropriate *.html file to run applet. You should see a box in the center of the applet. Applet should load in a few seconds.
- If the applet does not load, there's a good chance you need to install the appropriate java run-time environment (JRE). Click on JRE link on navigation bar at the top of this page for more info.
- After installing the JRE, click "refresh" on your browser and applet should work properly.
- If this doesn't work, you may need to do a clean install of the JRE. In Windows, go to Start/Control Panel. Click on Add/Remove programs. Scroll through the list and remove any programs with "java" in the title.
- Install the JRE again.
- If this does not work, contact your system administrator.